The Development Associate is responsible for supporting fundraising operations for the Jacksonville Children’s Chorus, reporting to the Business Manager and Development Officer. All responsibilities require ongoing knowledge of activities and programs throughout the organization, exemplary written and oral communication skills, an exceptionally high level of attention to detail, and the ability to establish productive relationships with staff, Board of Directors, and donors.
Hours | Full-time (40 hours), flexible but must accommodate occasional evening and weekend events.
Supervisor | Business Manager and Development Officer
Health Benefits | health insurance, 401k eligible
Background | The mission of the Jacksonville Children's Chorus is to provide a high quality choral music education for children of diverse backgrounds, fostering teamwork, self-discipline, accomplishment, and pride while filling an important cultural need in the community and sharing the beauty of the choral art form through artistically excellent performances.
- Build relationships with current donors—individuals, corporations, foundations, and city and state governments.
- Conduct personal meetings and/or arrange meetings with donors on behalf of the Development Officer.
- Research new potential donors and grant sources.
- Research potential grants to confirm eligibility. Prepare draft of grant for review and submit once finalized.
- Maintain grant information on shared drive.
- Draft copy for various JCC publications, including annual reports, newsletters, and solicitations.
- Maintain donor database, process donations, and be responsible for all thank-you correspondence, including letters and phone calls.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department for fundraising campaigns
- Maintain, manage, and update the donor database daily.
- Compile various mailing lists from multiple locations for a variety of different mailings – both paper and email.
- Maintain the Master Mailing list, including updating information as needed. Maintain the “Do Not Solicit” list.
- Pull, review, and prepare reports from Donor Database (i.e. ClearGive) for paper mailings and emails.
- Work with development staff to plan and execute logistics for VIP receptions and other donor events.
- Provide guidance to Front of House volunteers during performances and other events.
- Interact with donors and JCC parents at various concerts and events. Requires working nights and weekends on occasion.
- Assist with dissemination of JCC concert comp tickets to existing and potential donors.
- Maintain, manage, and update the development calendar as needed. Assist development staff in keeping to the necessary schedule and deadlines as outlines on the Development Calendar.
- Draft, prepare, and submit donor proposals.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in a field that compliments the job description—English, journalism, sociology, marketing, public relations, communications, etc.
- Great interpersonal skills: face-to-face, oral, and written communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Database management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Experience with mailing lists and mail merge.
- Systematic, efficient, independent work habits with good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to:
President & Artistic Director
10131 Atlantic Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32225