Program Manager/Associate Conductor
Job Type: Full Time, flexible but must accommodate some Saturday mornings, late afternoon and evening rehearsals and performance schedule
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: 07/01/2018
Application Deadline: 06/01/2018
Address: 225 East Duval Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202
Reports to: President and Artistic Director (PAD)
Office Holidays: 11 including: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day (if on a working day), Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and one floating holiday of personal significance (i.e., Good Friday, Rosh Hashanah)
Vacation: Ten (10) business days
Spring Break: Five (5) days with prior approval of President and Artistic Director
Direct Reports: One Program Coordinator and In Harmony Guild Chair
Background | The mission of the Jacksonville Children's Chorus is to provide a high-quality choral music education for children of diverse backgrounds, fostering teamwork, self-discipline, accomplishment and pride while filling an important cultural need in the community and sharing the beauty of the choral art form through artistically excellent performances.
Position Summary | Major responsibilities include management of the artistic and logistical/operational aspects of the choirs, including oversight of the artistic staff, coordination of rehearsals and performances, recruitment, training and management of volunteers, special events, and developing and nurturing relationships with Jacksonville Children's Chorus children and families. This position will work closely with the PAD to ensure expectations of high-level performance standards are met.
Oversee logistical planning and implementation of level programs: classes, festivals, camp, workshops, rehearsals, performances, recruiting, auditions, outreach activities, etc.
Report, monitor and evaluate progress against targeted operational goals including but not limited to enrollment goals, tuition goals, and operational budgetary expenses: provide valuable feedback and adhere to artistic/operational objectives.
Direct rehearsals and performances as assigned by the PAD, also assist the PAD in planning the concert season and auditions.
Duties will include weekly instruction as a teaching artist for various JCC choirs as assigned by the PAD including but not limited to duties as a conductor, director, and vocal performance coach for JCC choirs and students.
Other duties may include: rehearsing and coaching soloists, group voice, and preschool music instruction, preparing smaller groups for run-out concerts and education and outreach projects.
Manage volunteers and interns assigned to the choirs.
Recruit, manage, and retain parent volunteers, providing training to:
Act as lead liaison for Volunteer Auxiliary Support to foster efficiencies of communications, logistical support, better dialogue, feedback, and overall outstanding customer and public relations with parents, grandparents and other volunteer contributors.
Assist Chorus Staff during performances and social events.
Direct assignments for set up, food service, and clean up.
Order, catalogue, distribute, collect, and file borrowed music.
Assist with filling and emptying folders at various times throughout the year.
Photograph performances for possible use for publicity and archives.
Assist at rehearsal locations with check in/out and communications distributions, and serve as liaison to JCC program staff.
Assist at rehearsal room as needed with choir rehearsals and chaperones during breaks.
Oversee scheduling auditions, evaluations, and answering telephones.
Oversee coordination of tour details.
Oversee the fitting of choral attire for the chorus, maintenance and coordination of uniforms for concerts, and assist with choral attire exchange and orders.
This position will work closely and in tandem with other key members of the administrative staff (Program Coordinator, Business Manager/Development Officer, Marketing and Public Relations Director, Social Media Marketing Assistant and Executive Assistant) for the purposes of aligning artistic/operational goals with overall annual administrative goals and objectives.
Develop strong relationships with JCC children and families, nurture the development of each child, and provide appropriate support for children and families.
Communicate the Jacksonville Children's Chorus culture through role modeling and instruction, supervision, and discipline of children participating in chorus programs.
Partner with and support the teachers and conductors who are working with the children.
Prepare reports and other work products as assigned by the PAD.
Assume administrative responsibilities as assigned by the PAD.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music or related field
Minimum 3-5 years’ direct experience in youth development, previous performing arts management experience preferred.
Knowledge of child development, group leadership, planning, and scheduling required.
Ability to work with youth and families from a diverse backgrounds required.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, administrative, and computer skills required, along with a strong background and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as lead teams of children, volunteers, and peers as required.
A passion for music and singing, and knowledge of arts management.
The right candidate will be a capable, independent worker with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Valid driver's license required.
To view this job opportunity online, visit www.jaxchildrenschorus.com/job-opportunities
How to Apply | For immediate consideration please submit a letter of interest, writing sample, and resume addressed to: Darren Dailey, President and Artistic Director and email to: Kelly Rubin, Executive Assistant (email@example.com).
Part Time Director of Individual Giving
Reports to | President and Artistic Director
Hours | Part-time, flexible hours (20-25 hours per week), but must accommodate some Saturday mornings, late afternoon and evening performance schedules
Salary type | Commensurate with experience
Health benefits | Negotiable
Office holidays | 11 including New Year's Day, Martin Luther King's birthday, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and one floating holiday of personal significance (Good Friday, Rosh Hashana)
Background | The mission of the Jacksonville Children's Chorus is to provide a high-quality choral music education for children of diverse backgrounds, fostering teamwork, self-discipline, accomplishment and pride while fulfilling an important cultural need in the community and sharing the beauty of the choral art form through artistically excellent performances.
Position summary | The Individual Giving Officer will support existing development plans and strategies to promote the attainment of departmental goals, which support the JCC's annual operations. S/he will be a competent leader and problem solver, able to provide information that enhances her or his performance in a manner that incorporates the company's vision and culture.
The goal of the Director of Individual Giving is to ensure the efficient execution of day-to-day business operations and the accountability of the JCC's fundraising activities that help drive sustainable growth and long-term success in the individual giving sectors. S/he will work closely with senior management to develop and implement individual giving pipelines and prepare financial reports to ensure performance against specific business goals and plans.
Job Description | The Director of Individual Giving is responsible for individual fundraising for the Jacksonville Children’s Chorus, reporting to the President and Artistic Director. All responsibilities require ongoing knowledge of activities and programs throughout the organization, exemplary written and oral communication skills, an exceptionally high level of attention to detail, and the ability to establish productive relationships with staff, Board of Directors, and donors.
- Manage the Individual Campaign as defined in the year-long Fund Development Plan to achieve overall objectives: there are approximately 200 current individual donor accounts
- This position will place strong emphasis on acquisition of new individual donors
- Strengthen relationships with current individual donors and prospect, meet, and secure new individual gifts
- Conduct personal meetings and arrange meetings with donors alongside the President and Artistic Director and other key volunteer leadership
- Research new potential donors
- Work closely with Development and Marketing Staff to in the creation of the bi-annual Newsletter as part of the campaign
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and PR and Director of Grants and Major Gifts to create appealing collateral that will drive donor interest.
- Work closely with the Development and Marketing Associate and the Director of Grants and Major gifts to maintain and enrich the donor database and track donations and prospects
- Interact with donors, sponsors, and JCC parents at various concerts and events and attend various community events in order to broaden her/his network
- Create and implement strategically-curated benefits for current and new individual donors as well as incentives to engage new interest including, but not limited to, complimentary tickets to new prospects
- Monitor Donations In Lieu Parent Campaign to achieve objective: work with program and finance office to report out to Development Committee
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Public Relations Director on print, web, and social media promotional materials to support the acquisition of individual gifts
- Assist with special projects as needed
- High level of interest in building the fund development function of a growing organization and a commitment to excellence and the mission of the JCC.
- Minimum of two years in professional fundraising, marketing, or sales experience, including a demonstrated ability to secure corporate and individual gifts.
- Bachelor's degree in a field that compliments the job description—English, journalism, marketing, communications, etc.
- Superb interpersonal and networking skills: face-to-face, oral, and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to research and generate individual leads.
- Solid understanding of individual giving best practices from prospecting to closing.
- Ability to prepare tailored proposals to meet the specific needs of donors.
- Systematic, efficient, independent work habits with good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail with a high level of analytical and organizational skills, including ability to problem solve both independently and within a team.
- Thrive in creative, innovative, fast-paced environment with people who are passionate about their work and the JCC’s mission.
- Database management skills.
How to apply | For immediate consideration submit letter of interest, writing sample and resume to by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
The Jacksonville Children's Chorus is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.