Part Time Director of Individual Giving
Reports to | President and Artistic Director
Hours | Part-time, flexible hours (20-25 hours per week), but must accommodate some Saturday mornings, late afternoon and evening performance schedules
Salary type | Commensurate with experience
Health benefits | Negotiable
Office holidays | 11 including New Year's Day, Martin Luther King's birthday, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and one floating holiday of personal significance (Good Friday, Rosh Hashana)
Background | The mission of the Jacksonville Children's Chorus is to provide a high-quality choral music education for children of diverse backgrounds, fostering teamwork, self-discipline, accomplishment and pride while fulfilling an important cultural need in the community and sharing the beauty of the choral art form through artistically excellent performances.
Position summary | The Individual Giving Officer will support existing development plans and strategies to promote the attainment of departmental goals, which support the JCC's annual operations. S/he will be a competent leader and problem solver, able to provide information that enhances her or his performance in a manner that incorporates the company's vision and culture.
The goal of the Director of Individual Giving is to ensure the efficient execution of day-to-day business operations and the accountability of the JCC's fundraising activities that help drive sustainable growth and long-term success in the individual giving sectors. S/he will work closely with senior management to develop and implement individual giving pipelines and prepare financial reports to ensure performance against specific business goals and plans.
Job Description | The Director of Individual Giving is responsible for individual fundraising for the Jacksonville Children’s Chorus, reporting to the President and Artistic Director. All responsibilities require ongoing knowledge of activities and programs throughout the organization, exemplary written and oral communication skills, an exceptionally high level of attention to detail, and the ability to establish productive relationships with staff, Board of Directors, and donors.
- Manage the Individual Campaign as defined in the year-long Fund Development Plan to achieve overall objectives: there are approximately 200 current individual donor accounts
- This position will place strong emphasis on acquisition of new individual donors
- Strengthen relationships with current individual donors and prospect, meet, and secure new individual gifts
- Conduct personal meetings and arrange meetings with donors alongside the President and Artistic Director and other key volunteer leadership
- Research new potential donors
- Work closely with Development and Marketing Staff to in the creation of the bi-annual Newsletter as part of the campaign
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and PR and Director of Grants and Major Gifts to create appealing collateral that will drive donor interest.
- Work closely with the Development and Marketing Associate and the Director of Grants and Major gifts to maintain and enrich the donor database and track donations and prospects
- Interact with donors, sponsors, and JCC parents at various concerts and events and attend various community events in order to broaden her/his network
- Create and implement strategically-curated benefits for current and new individual donors as well as incentives to engage new interest including, but not limited to, complimentary tickets to new prospects
- Monitor Donations In Lieu Parent Campaign to achieve objective: work with program and finance office to report out to Development Committee
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Public Relations Director on print, web, and social media promotional materials to support the acquisition of individual gifts
- Assist with special projects as needed
- High level of interest in building the fund development function of a growing organization and a commitment to excellence and the mission of the JCC.
- Minimum of two years in professional fundraising, marketing, or sales experience, including a demonstrated ability to secure corporate and individual gifts.
- Bachelor's degree in a field that compliments the job description—English, journalism, marketing, communications, etc.
- Superb interpersonal and networking skills: face-to-face, oral, and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to research and generate individual leads.
- Solid understanding of individual giving best practices from prospecting to closing.
- Ability to prepare tailored proposals to meet the specific needs of donors.
- Systematic, efficient, independent work habits with good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail with a high level of analytical and organizational skills, including ability to problem solve both independently and within a team.
- Thrive in creative, innovative, fast-paced environment with people who are passionate about their work and the JCC’s mission.
- Database management skills.
How to apply | For immediate consideration submit letter of interest, writing sample and resume to by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
The Jacksonville Children's Chorus is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.