|Administrative Assistant to the Artistic and Executive Director
Title: Assistant to the Artistic and Executive Director
Reports to: Artistic and Executive Director (AED)
Hours: Part-time (32 hours)
BACKGROUND:The mission of the Jacksonville Children's Chorus is to provide a high-quality choral music education for children of diverse backgrounds, fostering teamwork, self-discipline, accomplishment and pride while filling an important cultural need in the community and sharing the beauty of the choral art form through artistically excellent performances.
PURPOSE:Administrative Assistant works closely with the AED, as well as independently, to perform a wide range of complex administrative and clerical duties, including but not limited to: project, ensemble and event administrative management, calendar and travel coordination and assistance with Board relations and other strategic organizational activities and communications.
- Admin Asst. is responsible for administrative support of the day-to-day activities of the office and AED. This includes drafting internal and external communications from the AED and the maintenance and use of confidential files and information.
- General office duties including, but not limited to: placing, receiving, routing phone calls, filing, photocopying, faxing, maintaining files and records.
- Assist AED in Board communications and fundraising efforts. Provide follow-up by telephone and in writing as necessary. Prepare reports, gather, analyze and present statistical information, generate informational packages and briefing reports, coordinate meetings and follow-up as necessary.
- In conjunction with the AED and other staff and volunteers, assist in the planning and execution of fundraising projects. Assist in fundraising event marketing and public relations, as well as donor appeals and other organizational and development projects.
- Assist the AED in performance and rehearsal activities.
- Assisting JCC parents with account payments and questions; answering general questions about the JCC and scheduling auditions
- Assists the AED in all logistics and planning of JCC concert and events
QUALIFICATIONS:Associate's degree or equivalentMinimum 2-3 years direct experience in a performing arts or nonprofit organization preferred.Excellent organizational, research, planning and implementation skills are essential as well as strong attention to detail, ability to follow-through, to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to work independently as well as part of a teamProficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), Outlook and InternetKnowledge of choral music is a plus.APPLICATION Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to Darren Dailey, Artistic and Executive Director, Jacksonville Children's Chorus, 225 E Duval Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202 or email to
. APPLICATION DEADLINE June 19, 2014 - NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
- Other duties as assigned by the AED
Reports to: Artistic and Executive Director
Hours: Part-time, flexible but must accommodate some late afternoon and evening rehearsal & performance schedule
BACKGROUND: The mission of the Jacksonville Children's Chorus is to provide a high-quality choral music education for children of diverse backgrounds, fostering teamwork, self-discipline, accomplishment and pride while filling an important cultural need in the community and sharing the beauty of the choral art form through artistically excellent performances.
PURPOSE: Major responsibilities include management of the non-musical aspects of the entry level choirs, including coordination of rehearsals and performances, recruitment, training and management of volunteers, and developing and nurturing relationships with Jacksonville Children's Chorus children and families.
- Oversee logistical planning and implementation of entry level programs: classes, rehearsals, performances, recruiting, auditions, outreach activities, etc.
- Manage volunteers and interns assigned to the choirs
Recruit, manage and retain parent volunteers, providing training, toDevelop strong relationships with JCC children and families, nurture the development of each child, and provide appropriate support for children and families.
- Assists Chorus Staff during performances and social events.
- Help with set up, food service and clean up.
- Order, catalogue, distribute, collect and file borrowed music
- Assist with filling and emptying folders at various times throughout the year.
- Photograph performances for possible use for publicity and archives.
- Assist at rehearsal locations with check in/out and communications distributions, and serve as liaison to JCC program staff.
- Assist at rehearsal room as needed with choir rehearsals and chaperone during breaks.
- Serve on the special events planning committee to organize the annual spring concert dinner reception, invitations, publicity, group sales and other program needs.
- Assist office staff in scheduling auditions, evaluations, answering telephones
- Assist program staff with coordination of tour details.
- Assist with the fitting of choral attire for the chorus, maintenance and coordination of uniforms for concerts, and assist with choral attire exchange and orders.
Communicate the Jacksonville Children's Chorus culture through role modeling and instruction. Supervision and discipline of children participating in chorus programs.
Partner with and support the teachers and conductors who are working with the children.
Prepare monthly reports and other work products as assigned by Artistic and Executive Director
Assume administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Artistic and Executive Director.
Associate's degree or equivalent
Minimum 2-3 years direct experience in youth development, previous performing arts management experience preferred.
Knowledge of child development, group leadership, planning and scheduling required
Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds required
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, administrative and computer skills required; strong background and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, Excel)
Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as lead teams of children, volunteers and peers required
A passion for music and singing and knowledge of arts management a plus
The right candidate will be a capable, independent worker with strong entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
Valid driver's license required
APPLICATION Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to Darren Dailey, Artistic and Executive Director, Jacksonville Children's Chorus, 225 E Duval Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202 or email to